In today’s episode we are starting from scratch. We are rolling back the clocks and going right back to the beginning. I’m often asked if I could go back in time and start my health business over again – what would I focus on? And you know what? The things I would focus on THEN… are the same things I focus on now. It doesn’t matter if you are a total business newbie or a seasoned veteran – this episode is a starting guide or a benchmark to make sure you are focusing on the right things in your health business!
There is a companion guide with worksheets so make sure to download them at the link at the bottom of the page!
I am going to take this episode from the vantage point that you’ve just graduated – whether that is from Naturopathic College, your personal training certification or Reiki Level one.
So… *drumroll please*…
CONGRATULATIONS! You are officially a CEO!
Your diploma or certification still has that fresh paper smell and you are raring to go except you have no clue where you should actually start.
Do you need a website?
What about all of the social media pages?
Do you need to do YouTube videos?
What about an email list?
Funnel? What’s a funnel anyways?
Your mind is running a mile a minute with too many ideas, not enough support or direction and you feel so much fear that none of this will work out like you’ve planned that it’s sometimes hard to breathe… Oh ya, I know those feelings well.
I’m not going to tell you NOT to worry because that’s not helpful… just know that I’ve got you.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE. EVER.
I created this podcast episode to give you the 7 key areas to focus on when you are just starting out online so that you can actually make progress, make some money and feel really good about yourself.
So let’s dive in!
In This Episode I Share…
- How to start identifying as an entrepreneur, business owner and CEO
- The 7 key areas to focus on (in sequential order) that will help you actually make progress in your business
- The importance of having a very personal and selfish WHY and how to define your own WHY
- The absolute importance of choosing a niche market
- How to create your Ideal Client Avatar
- How to create a clear and concise “ONLY/WITHOUT” statement
- Why it’s important to be consistent with content (and what kind of content to share)
- How to find those first few “clients” to practice on
- The importance of a side hustle and how to make that all-important Money Plan
Listen to Episode 62 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode:
- The Companion Guide to this Episode – The Getting Started Guide
- Take Your Health Practice Online Facebook Group
- Share a selfie with Lori on Instagram
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Are you just starting out in your business? Were any of the 7 areas to focus on I talked about NEW for you? Pop it below or visit me on Instagram (my current social platform of choice) and send me a message there to let me know what you want to hear more about.
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 11 000 other health and wellness professionals just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! We have a ton of free, live training coming up in the group this fall. I hope to see you there.