If you think email marketing is dead and yet you’re not making the kind of sales you’d like to make in your business, then this episode is for you.
When you do email marketing right, you can make tens of thousands of dollars off of a small email list. And my guest, Misty Mozejko, is living proof of that.
Misty ran a 6-figure brick and mortar fitness business using only email marketing. She’s been studying (and coaching) email marketing and deliverability for over 8 years, not to mention working globally with many A-list copywriters and email marketing specialists.
And yes, she really did make $80,000 off a 200-person email list.
Misty is also our very own “Keeper of the Words”, creating most of the forward-facing copywriting and email marketing strategies for Lori Kennedy Inc. If you’re on my list, chances are you’ve read something she wrote.
In this episode, Misty takes us not only through the five things to do — and NOT to do — when it comes to email marketing, but how to do it so you don’t feel pushy.
We’ll take a deep dive into how often you should be emailing your list — and how to make sure every email tells a story and has a specific purpose to get people to do something (whether it’s buy something, go to your Facebook page or a blog post).
You’ll even get a behind-the-scenes peek into how we do our email marketing campaigns, starting with our editorial calendar to what we do in between campaigns.
I like to joke that my house is the house that email marketing built. Yet even I started like everybody else: with a list of just zero people. More proof that email marketing isn’t dead. You just need to do it right.
More About Misty Mozejko:
Misty Mozejko is an email marketing and email deliverability expert and the Director of Editorial for Lori Kennedy Inc.
She spends her days writing copy, sales emails and pulling apart the very murky depths of spam filters and their constantly changing rules so she can ensure the Lori Kennedy Inc marketing campaigns land at the top of everyone’s inbox.
She ran her own brick and mortar fitness and nutrition business for 13 years and the bulk of her marketing was email only. She ran this 6 figure business while freelancing as an email copywriter and authoring many books and training on email marketing and deliverability.
She has a 13-year-old son and 3 bonus children who are 4/8/10.
Her sanity-saving past-time is loading up her travel-trailer with food and kids and exploring the scenic lakes and parks of Ontario, Canada.
Listen to Episode 126 below:
What We Talk About In This Episode:
- What is email marketing really is — and why it’s better than passive marketing.
- The difference between email marketing and an email newsletter.
- Why email marketing is the best way to make connections with your clients.
- The two different ways you need to look at email marketing to grow your business.
- Why you need to take your audience by the hand and lead them where you want them to go with specific calls to action.
- How often you should be sending the right kind of emails at a bare minimum — and why.
- What to do if you’re struggling to get clients, and how to make yourself the first person people think of when they need help.
- The difference between having a conversation about actually helping your clients versus just sending them a helpful piece of content. (Hint: They don’t need another helpful piece of content.)
- How to make email marketing part of a bigger campaign to bring in more clients at specific times of the year.
- Why you need to get a bit “pushy” for your business when it comes to sending out multiple emails.
- Why you don’t need to worry about unsubscribes and shouldn’t get hung up on the numbers like open rate and click-through rate.
Things We Mention In This Episode:
- 10K Success System
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
How often do you send out emails to your list? Do you tell a story and end with a call to action every time? I would love to hear all about it and I’m sure others would too. Comment below and share your story or visit me on Instagram which is currently my favourite way to connect.
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 15,000 other health practitioners just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! I hope to see you there.