One thing we see people struggling with is nailing down their ideal client avatar. It isn’t enough to half-ass this and write down a few ideas of who you “think” your ideal client “might be.” You need to go deep — and I mean REALLY deep — into what they’re thinking, what they’re doing, and how they’re feeling. You need to get inside their heads and know what stories they’re telling themselves when they wake up in the morning till they put their head down on the pillow at night.
You should even be going back and reviewing your ideal client avatar not only on a monthly basis but especially before creating any new sales or marketing content.
In this week’s episode, you can eavesdrop on a semi-private Ideal Client Review session I did with two clients — one who’s just starting her online business and the other who is using online marketing to help grow her brick and mortar business.
Listen in as we brainstorm ways to really understand an ideal client’s pain points and behaviours — and how to turn this into content that makes your potential clients say, “Wow, you GET me!” This way, they can get to know, like and trust you, and buy into your brand (and your signature program).
Whether you’re just starting out or currently killing it, this episode is going to spark a ton of ideas for your own ideal client avatar. So, get your notepad and pen ready, flex your fingers and get ready to take so many notes your hand is going to cramp.
Listen to Episode 128 below:
What We Talk About In This Episode:
- Why you need to nail down your ideal client avatar (ICA) to not only sell your signature program but to put all your marketing pieces together and grow your brand.
- Why if you’re not clear on what your ideal client’s behaviours are, you’re going to have a hard time speaking to them — and they won’t be able to relate to you.
- How to take a deep dive into your ideal client’s physical and lifestyle factors.
- How to figure out what your ideal client is feeling physically and then translate that into how they’re feeling emotionally.
- How to help your ideal client connect all the dots as to why they’re not getting results.
- How to narrow things down so you can more deeply define your ideal client avatar so you understand where your ideal client is coming from.
- Figuring out the key factors preventing your ideal client from seeing results — and how to bring that into your signature program.
- How to get into your ideal client’s head by writing out what a day in their life looks — and feels — like.
- Why understanding what your ideal client is going through helps you to figure out your signature program.
- Different ways to relate what you’ve been through in the past to what your ideal client is going through right now — and how to attract your ideal client with these stories.
- How to decide what type of person/ideal client you want to work with and why that will grow your business; not shrink it.
- Why you need to narrow things down to one ideal client avatar even if your signature program can solve everybody’s problems.
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Have you ever taken a deep dive into what your ideal client is thinking and feeling, so you can understand where they’re coming from? Do you use your own stories of past struggles so they can relate to you? I would love to hear all about it and I’m sure others would too. Comment below and share your story or visit me on Instagram which is currently my favourite way to connect.
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 15,000 other health practitioners just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! I hope to see you there.