If you’ve been struggling to get clients, you’ll want to download this episode or bookmark it to come back to it when you’re ready to set up your ads.
Whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been in business for a while, there usually comes a point where you’re struggling to get clients. You “think” you’re doing everything right. You’re creating content, hoping like hell Google will send traffic your way or that somebody will find your Facebook page.
But let me tell you: the industry has changed over the years. You can’t rely on organic traffic (like traffic from Google Search) to get clients anymore. You need to be purposefully bringing in new ideal clients into your online world, so you can turn them into paying clients.
You need to be constantly — and consistently — growing your audience over time, filling your email list and your Facebook group with new people eager to learn more about your program.
How do you do that? How do you keep the waters churning so you’re spreading your message to the people you want to work with?
Simple answer: paid advertising. More specifically, Facebook and Instagram ads.
Hang on! Before you head over to Facebook and start creating ads, there’s one very important thing you need to know: as health practitioners, coaches, and fitness pros, it is much more difficult to follow Facebook’s rules and guidelines when it comes to creating ads. You need to know how to make your ad 100% compliant — because if you don’t, Facebook can easily shut your ad account down.
That’s why I brought our very own Laura Wood onto today’s episode. Laura’s the head of our 10K Success System team — and our resident Facebook ad guru. Laura and I take a deep, deep dive into the do’s and don’ts of Facebook ads as it relates to the health and wellness industry.
It’s also why we created our new course, Getting Started With Facebook & Instagram Ads. We saw that our clients can’t use just any old Facebook ad strategy. They — and you — need to play by very specific rules.
We’ve spent tens of thousands of dollars learning Facebook ads from the best in the industry — and we’ve spent well over $500,000 in Facebook advertising over the past two years. We’ve pieced together the rules and strategies specific to the health and wellness industry when it comes to Facebook ads.
Not to mention we oversee hundreds of our clients’ ads, too — and they rarely get a Facebook ad disapproved. And if they do, Laura can get it approved within a few minutes just by looking at the ad copy.
Yup, we’re that good at it.
If you think you can’t do Facebook advertising, think again! You don’t even need to know tech.
We get real actionable in this episode, so get out your notebook and pen as we walk you through getting more clients using Facebook ads.
More About Getting Started with Facebook & Instagram Ads:
We are launching our The Complete System To Facebook and Instagram Advertising for Health and Fitness Professionals on October 1st 2019 but if you need a sneak peek at all the goodies OR want to get early access to the product go here and jump on the waitlist.
Listen to Episode 130 below:
What We Talk About In This Episode:
- How Facebook treats the health and wellness industry differently when it comes to Facebook ads.
- How using certain words can get your Facebook ad account shut down hard.
- Why the ability to get in front of your potential clients through organic reach (like traffic from Google) is non-existent.
- Why blog posts and social media alone just doesn’t work in this day and age.
- The reason why your first launch might do great but your second launch fizzles out. (Hint: it’s a numbers game.)
- The first steps before using the Facebook ad platform — especially if you have no audience or nobody in your Facebook group. (It’s what we teach in our 10K Success System.)
- Why you shouldn’t send cold ad traffic to your sales page — and where to send them instead.
- The mistakes Lori and Laura see when it comes to 10K Success System clients using Facebook ads to grow their business.
- How you can get your ads to pull double duty by also getting potential clients into your Facebook group — so they can get to know, like and trust you before they buy from you.
- Why you need to go into Facebook ads with the understanding that you might not see an ROI right away — but what you will get instead.
- The number of people you should be adding to your list each month — and how much to budget for this when starting out.
- Why health practitioners, coaches, and fit pros need to get the language and images right — all the way through the funnel — when it comes to Facebook ads.
- Why you need to embrace Facebook’s ad guidelines (which is what we teach you with Getting Started with Facebook & Instagram Ads) — and not try to get around them (which is what most other programs teach you).
- The do’s and don’ts of making your Facebook ads compliant to Facebook’s guidelines and rules.
- Why you need to understand the Facebook ad guidelines and rules before making any major decisions about the program you’re selling.
- Why you need to know what you’re doing when it comes to Facebook ads, especially if you’re using them for the first time.
- How to use Facebook Audiences to your advantage when it comes to running ads — and why it’s critical to understand what your ideal client is interested in.
- Why it’s important to get likes, comments, and shares on your Facebook ads.
- Why you need to not only keep testing different ads but to track your ads on a regular basis.
- The specific strategies we teach our clients to get started with Facebook ads to not only get more leads but more clients as well.
Things We Mention In This Episode:
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Have you ever tried to get clients using Facebook ads? Did you have a hard time getting ads approved because you’re in the health and wellness industry? I would love to hear all about it and I’m sure others would too. Comment below and share your story or visit me on Instagram which is currently my favourite way to connect.
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 16,000 other health practitioners just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! I hope to see you there.