Tell me if this sounds familiar: You’ve been trying to make sales and enroll people into your signature program, and all you hear is…
“I’d love to but it’s too expensive.”
“Can I think about it?”
Or what about this one that sounds like a real deal-killer:
“I need to talk to my spouse.”
Believe me, I can relate. I’ve been there.
The first time I got the old “Wow, I didn’t think it would be THIS expensive to work with you,” I had no idea how to respond.
Now I have a deep understanding of what objections are — and how to handle them before they even occur. That’s right: BEFORE they happen.
In this episode of The Business of Becoming, we take a deep dive into objections: what they are and where they really come from (it’s not the price) — plus I give you examples of the three most common objections and how to handle them. (You can use these as a framework for different objections over and over again.)
Before we get started, I want to mention that I have a brand new guide for you. It walks you through how to create and set up your signature program. Grab it here: The Signature Program Starter Guide
All right, get ready to take lots of notes and do plenty of brainstorming. I’m going to show you how to overcome the most common objections when it comes to making sales and enrolling clients in your program.
Listen to Episode 136 below:
What We Talk About In This Episode:
- Why it’s important for you to understand what’s going through your prospective client’s mind before they see you: their thoughts, fears, and mindset.
- The real root of objections — and what objections are and what they’re not. (Hint: Objections are not a reflection of you or your program.)
- How to overcome objections even before they occur.
- Why knowing your ideal client’s symptoms is not enough. You need to know their “lived experiences.” (I go into detail about what this means in the show.)
- Why you should be creating content that addresses these objections on an on-going basis (especially if you’re always enrolling prospects into your program).
- How to bring the objections to light and address them head-on through your content.
- The top three most common objections when it comes to sales and how to handle them.
- How you can use my examples as a framework that you can apply to your specific client objections.
- The simple answer as to why the actual dollar amount of your program has nothing to do with the “it’s too expensive” objection.
- How to use your prospective client’s outcome-based feelings and experiences to show them how your program can help them — and a few specific questions to ask them if they still have a price objection.
- Different strategies to use for the “I have to talk to my spouse” objection, including creating what I call “spousal content” that helps your prospective client communicate with their spouse.
- How to help people work through the “How do I know this will work for me” objection, including using visual cues and having a framework of your program.
Things We Mention In This Episode:
- The Signature Program Starter Guide
- The Anatomy of a High Converting Sales Call – Part 1
- The Anatomy of a High Converting Sales Call – Part 2
- Spousal Objection Script (see down below)
How To Talk To Your Spouse/Partner:
I’d like to talk to you about how I’ve been feeling. You know I’ve been struggling with X. You know that I’ve been working on trying to get rid of X and I haven’t been able to do it yet. I now know why. I had a call with (your name) who works with (ideal client description) because it’s important to me to get rid of/fix/feel better/get (outcome). I’m done feeling XYZ.
She explained to me that in order to (get desired outcome) that I need to (root cause). I feel extremely confident in her knowledge. Everything she was saying made so much sense. I am going to enroll in her program, it costs XXXX and I would really appreciate your support. It’s important to me that I (get rid of the problem) so that I can (desired outcome).
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
What’s the most common objection you hear from your prospective clients? How do you deal with that objection? I would love to hear all about it and I’m sure others would too. Comment below and share your story or visit me on Instagram which is currently my favourite way to connect.
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 10 000 other health practitioners just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! I hope to see you there.