You: “I’m going to start a Facebook Group!”
Your Facebook Group: *crickets*
If the sound of crickets is all you hear in your Facebook group, then this episode of The Business of Becoming is going to help you get the buzz you’re looking for by getting people excited about your group and getting them to engage in your group by posting comments and giving your posts a thumbs up.
My guest today, Alicia Streger, is a fitness business owner turned business coach who specializes in helping fitness business owners magnify their impact and streamline their business. She’s also the creator of the 2020 Facebook Group Content which gives you an entire year’s worth of Facebook Group content designed to boost retention, generate more leads and keep the conversation buzzing in your Facebook Group.
In this episode, Alicia not only gets into the nitty-gritty details of running your Facebook Group — like the best times to post and the very first thing you need to do when members join your group — she also walks you through her “5 X 5 X 5” content creation strategy. (This framework gives you 125 pieces of content you can post in your Facebook Group.)
Even if you don’t have anybody in your group yet — because everybody starts out with zero members, right? — this episode will give you the strategies you need to get the ball rolling.
Get out a pen and paper so you can take plenty of notes. We dig in deep with tons of tips and strategies to increase engagement in your Facebook Group.
More About Alicia:
Alicia Streger is a fitness business owner turned business coach who specializes in helping fitness business owners magnify their impact and streamline their businesses. She works closely with people to help them build businesses that give back to the world while creating BOTH financial and time freedom. Alicia has built multiple offline and online businesses from the ground up and now teaches her success strategies and systems to other fitness professionals. Her website is www.FitProEssentials.com.
Listen to Episode 139 below:
What We Talk About In This Episode:
- Why creating your own Facebook group is important to your business — even if you think there are tons of them out there already.
- The real reason why people join Facebook groups. (Hint: it’s not to learn how to solve their problem.)
- What “engagement” is vs what it isn’t (it definitely isn’t a place for you to do free coaching).
- How to get the ball rolling to create engagement in your group, so you can then bring people into your signature program.
- Specific strategies to initiate engagement and keep it high.
- The very first thing you need to do when people join your group which sets the tone of the group right from the start.
- How to craft an engaging welcome post (see the template down below, too).
- How to use Group Insights to know the best day and time to post your content to create engagement.
- One neat trick to see when people are active if you don’t have a large group.
- How to use mini-challenges to create engagement in your group — and get Facebook to show your group as a suggested group to more people.
- How to use your support system to get things moving in the group (yup, it’s okay to ask your family and friends to post something in your group or ask a question).
- Different ways to encourage people to engage even more often by thanking them privately.
- Why you shouldn’t be in teacher-mode all the time in your Facebook group.
- We take a deep dive into Alicia’s “5 X 5 X 5” content creation strategy to give you the framework to create your own engaging content.
- How to use your ideal client profile to help you use the “5 X 5 X 5” strategy specific to your ideal client’s pain points.
- Tips on how to not only plan your time but schedule it, too, so you can consistently create and post engaging content in your Facebook group.
Things We Mention In This Episode:
Welcome Post Template:
[ Note: This is the Welcome Post I use for my own Facebook Group. You can add emojis anywhere to give it some color and show off your own personality. ]
Hey hey!! Welcome to our newest members!
Please read the pinned post at the top of the group and the group description along the side to see what we’re about and make sure this is a place you want to hang out . Those posts will also answer all your questions about what to post (and what not to post) so we can maintain the integrity of the space.
We’ve got lots more free content on the blog (www.thewellnessbusinesshub.com/blog), The Business of Becoming Podcast (www.thewellnessbusinesshub.com/podcast), and on our YouTube Channel (https://thewbh.com/YouTube). And come hangout with us on Instagram, we share all the behind the scenes goodness over at @lorikennedyinc
We definitely welcome questions here but if you are wondering about something, chances are someone else has wondered too and the question may have already been asked. You might be able to find the answer immediately by using the search function in the group, if not, then ask away!
This group is not for customer service support for our programs, please email [email protected] for all customer service requests.
TIP FOR POSTING IN THE GROUP: When posting in the group please indicate what you are looking for – Advice, Feedback, Tips or if you are simply needing a place to be heard and not looking at all for advice or feedback. Being specific will help you get the support you are looking for and avoid unsolicited feedback and advice when you don’t need it.
>> Check out the pinned post for links to free resources that will support you in all stages of your business building journey.
Now let’s get to know each other better and get started with introductions, tell us where you’re from, what your business is and who you serve. Bonus points to those who include a pic or video.
Where to Find the Welcome Post Button
Where to Find Group Insights Link
Examples of Group Insights Page
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Do you set an annual revenue goal each year and plan your business around that? How do you figure out which aspects of your business you need work on, in order to grow (do you know where the bleeders are)? I would love to hear all about it and I’m sure others would too. Comment below and share your story or visit me on Instagram which is currently my favourite way to connect. You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 16,000 other health practitioners just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! I hope to see you there.