I’m going to be honest with you: this episode was really difficult to record. I kept pushing it off and pushing it off — and I’m not quite sure why.
I think it’s because I was feeling overwhelmed — but in a good way. I think it’s also because this is the last episode of the year, and the last episode of this decade. How cool is that?
The Business of Becoming came to life because I wanted to share with you what it’s been like to become the person I’ve become. The fact that this is the last episode of the decade stirred up a lot of memories from the past ten years.
I’ve grown my business substantially over the last few years, all while becoming more of myself.
So, this past decade has built the foundation for the next decade.
I feel proud. I feel grateful. And I feel like there is so much more to do.
One of the exercises I do at the end of the year is to take a couple of hours to answer four important questions on how the past year went.
I go over what went right, what went wrong, what I’m proud of — and what I’m not so proud of.
By digging deep into this exercise, I’m able to draw intention and action from that list of things — and then I can prioritize what I need to work on for the following year.
So, grab a pen and paper or your favorite journal — and maybe a tissue or two — because we’re going on a transformative journey through the past year.
Listen to Episode 144 below:
What We Talk About In This Episode:
- How reviewing how the past year went for you (the good and the bad) can guide you to more transformation in the upcoming year — and how that builds up over time.
- I go back to my personal vision for 2019 and review two of the big things that were part of that personal vision (start dating and figure out my eating issues).
- How when it comes to relationships or having a partner, it’s important to understand what season you’re in and that it will take a person with a deep level of emotional intelligence to understand that the business comes before them.
- How I was able to not compromise my own values to accommodate another relationship (one of my fears from my 2019 personal vision).
- Why it’s okay if you’re in a season where you just want to hunker down and concentrate on growing your online business.
- How I would have been so far behind in my goals if I had compromised on the rules I had set out for myself in 2019.
- How I learned I was operating under false beliefs, and how I needed to test things out and try things, to really prove to myself I could make changes and make nourishing decisions for my body.
- Why I wanted to share my eating issues with you, especially those health practitioners who are dealing with their own issues in silence (or who feel ashamed).
- How we often don’t stop to acknowledge the things we’ve done or the accomplishments we’ve achieved, whether they’re personal or business achievements.
- How we all have business decisions that didn’t work out (even at the level I’m at).
- How you can still react in a way that you’re proud of, even if things didn’t go as planned.
- Why the things you’re not proud of are actually the ones that require your attention.
- How getting real and honest with myself, and then putting intention behind that has been transformative for me — and my hope doing this yourself makes 2020 transformative for you.
Things We Mention In This Episode:
the 4 Questions Exercise
Take a couple of hours to brainstorm the answers to these four questions.
- What are the things that went right this year?
- What are the things I’m proud of?
- What are the things that went wrong?
- What are the things I’m not proud of?
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
How did 2019 go for you? What are you proud of? What are you not so proud of? I would love to hear all about it and I’m sure others would too. Comment below and share your story or visit me on Instagram which is currently my favourite way to connect.
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 16,000 other health practitioners just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! I hope to see you there.