In this episode of The Business of Becoming, we get into one of my favorite things to talk about when it comes to growing your online health and wellness business: how and why you must increase your prices.
Are you getting sweaty just thinking about it? No worries. My guest today, copywriter and direct response marketing expert, Joey Percia, is going to walk you through the elements you need to create an amazing offer that will give you the confidence to charge more for your signature program.
We get into why you need to increase your prices — especially if you’re comparing yourself to others. (Hint: just about everybody has a high-end offer even if they’re not selling it upfront.)
He gives us his unique spin on how to look at marketing, so you have a solid visual of how a cold lead turns into a warm lead, and then into a paying client.
And then we dig deep into Joey’s Million Dollar Offer Pyramid, showing you the five layers you need to build into your offer to make it easy for people to say “YES”. (And no, we’re not talking about more deliverables, like PDFs, meal plans and coaching calls.)
This episode is filled to the brim with sales and marketing nuggets, so make sure you take plenty of notes, especially if you’re feeling burnt out and annoyed by offering your signature program at lower prices.
More About Joey:
Joey is a highly sought after copywriter and direct response marketing expert who’s been involved in the health, wellness, and fitness space for the last 10 years. First, as coach until he realized he loved the marketing and growth side of the business. Now, Joey partners with established businesses to create new 5-6 figure per month paychecks.
Listen to Episode 146 below:
What We Talk About In This Episode:
- How the fundamentals of sales and marketing are critical — yet they are also simple and not overly complicated. (Hint: they’re the key components that make up any business.)
- Why you need to boil things down to their simplest components as a starting point when marketing.
- We take a deep dive into the components you need to include in your offer to confidently increase your prices — and no, we don’t mean more PDFs, meal plans or coaching calls.
- Joey’s marketing kickball analogy (or soccer baseball, as we Canadians like to call it) to show you how you need to get your potential clients around all bases until they’re ready to run to home base (make a purchase).
- How your marketing funnels either get people moving forward (closer to making a purchase), knock them out of the game (unsubscribe — they’re not your ideal client) or all the way home (finalize the sale).
- Why you need to change your mindset if you want to increase your prices.
- How an amazing offer that hits all the points is so much easier to sell, no matter the price.
- We go over Joey’s Million Dollar Offer Pyramid showing the different components of an amazing offer.
- How an offer needs to be relevant, provide a solution and be unique in order to resonate with your ideal client.
- Why the end result needs to be super clear to your potential client.
- We take a deep dive into the last layer of creating an amazing offer which is to make it believable and realistic.
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Does the thought of charging over $1000 for your signature program make you feel all sweaty? Do you find yourself comparing your prices to other people’s prices? I would love to hear all about it and I’m sure others would too. Comment below and share your story or visit me on Instagram which is currently my favourite way to connect.
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 16,000 other health practitioners just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! I hope to see you there.