If you’ve been hanging around me for any amount of time, you know I talk a lot about how your ideal clients need to know, like and trust you.
One way to do that is through social media, and specifically through Instagram — especially if that’s where your ideal clients hang out.
But how do you figure out what to post and how often to post — not to mention how to get people to follow you — when there are so many Instagram accounts out there doing the same thing as you?
That’s what I get into with today’s guest, Theresa Depasquale, the CEO and Founder of Capture Social Group.
Theresa is helping me to grow my own Instagram following after I’ve been trying to do it for years on my own. She shares with us her practical tips and strategies to help you grow your Instagram following.
She also shares her 3-2-1 content sharing strategy that will set you apart from the rest. And she clues us in to some of the best-kept secrets when it comes to getting the Instagram algorithm to recognize that you’re a social media presence to be reckoned with.
Get ready for a lot of brainstorming as you discover how to grow your Instagram account in 2020 — and beyond.
More About Theresa Depasquale:
CEO and founder of Capture Social Group, Theresa began her career as an entrepreneurial fitness expert, owning multiple health clubs before moving her business totally online.
In 2012, she started her Instagram page and used her business acumen and marketing skills to quickly dominate the social media space by successfully building multiple large, revenue-generating brand pages on Instagram. Her own personal brand page @TheresaDepasqualefit has over 240k followers and is still growing today due to its motivational and educational content.
With over 10 years of online branding and social media experience, she’s worked hard to master the art of online branding and social media strategy and has become the go-to for many high-level clients and companies providing one-on-one consulting and programs to help them successfully build their brand online and to grow their reach and credibility.
Her passion is to work with heart-centered entrepreneurs and companies to help them skyrocket their brand and attract more clients.
Her focus is to establish people and companies as the expert in their fields, while simultaneously growing an organic engaged following that will lean in and help spread their message.
Listen to Episode 147 below:
What We Talk About In This Episode:
- Why you might choose Instagram over other social media platforms like Facebook or YouTube.
- One big mistake people make when it comes to social media and growing their following.
- Why you need to get comfortable putting yourself out there, so people can get to know, like and trust you.
- What people really want to know about you and your business — and how you can leverage that into growing your audience.
- Theresa’s 3-2-1 content approach to bring extra value to your Instagram account.
- The three things you need to include in one post if you want to make it “info-taining”.
- Examples of how to break down your own likes and interests so you can use them as personal posts in the 3-2-1 content approach.
- How to use your sales promotions to create Call-To-Action (CTA ) posts and mix them in with your other posts.
- The one important thing you need to have on your Instagram or social media page.
- How to get around Instagram’s rule on only allowing one live link in your bio.
- The best-kept secret to making the Instagram algorithm happy — which also turns out to be what people really want, too.
- How to use humour to get people to share your posts.
- How to think about your ideal client outside of the problem that they have.
- The many different Instagram features — from your wall feed to IGTV — and how to use them to really grow your following.
- How often you should be posting on Instagram. (Hint: it has a lot to do with the quality of your content.)
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Have you been struggling to grow your Instagram following? What’s been working well for you — and what hasn’t been working at all? I would love to hear all about it and I’m sure others would too. Comment below and share your story or visit me on Instagram which is currently my favourite way to connect.
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 16,000 other health practitioners just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! I hope to see you there.