Do you feel like you’re drowning in your to-do list? Maybe you want to grow your business, but the thought of taking on more and doing more things brings tears to your eyes.
Maybe you are still stuck at the very beginning and can’t figure out how to execute certain things because you didn’t go to school to become a graphic designer or a tech person regardless of where you’re at.
There’s one thing I know to be true and that is you can’t possibly do everything you need to do to grow your business by yourself.
In this episode, you’ll hear how I decided to hire people to do the things that I had no business learning how to do so that I could focus on the actions that would actually grow my business – even when I didn’t have the money. I’m not kidding! There is no possible way that I would be where I am had I tried to do all of the things on my own.
But where do you find the right people and how do you know they’re a fit?
Today’s episode is full of so much good stuff that will help you decide when you should hire, how to go about finding a fit and the onboarding process that will save you time, money and a lot of unnecessary frustration.
Plus, you will see that hiring someone else to do a job you’ve been doing will force you to get seriously organized – trust me on that one!
Listen to Episode 148 below:
What We Talk About In This Episode:
- What is a virtual assistant (VA)?
- The range of services that a VA can provide to GSD much faster and quicker than you could on your own
- How I was able to grow my team and build long-lasting working relationships
- Identifying the things that are NOT in your wheelhouse, in other words, outside of growing and nurturing your audience, having sales conversations to sell your transformation and deliver results
- Two ways to know if you’re ready to hire a virtual assistant
- The most important thing you should NOT outsource or delegate and my top recommendations for tasks you should
- Where to find VAs for specific tasks
- How to get ready to hire before you actually hire
- The training and processes you need to have in place so your new VA can hit the ground running and feel useful
- How to set up your VA for success by having a job description, clear expectations, and clear channels of communication
- Why the buck ALWAYS stops with you
- The #1 tip for creating training documents before you think you need them
- Why you want to have test projects and trial periods to vet your new hire
- How to create a job description that will attract the people you are looking for
- How to simplify the onboarding process with reusable assets and what those assets should be
- What to do to integrate your new VA into your world – from giving access to your various platforms to regular check-ins – and making decisions if it’s not working out
- As a leader and boss, why it is important to make yourself available to your team
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
What’s holding you back from hiring the help you need? Or have you tried already — but haven’t had much success? I would love to hear all about it and I’m sure others would too. Comment below and share your story or visit me on Instagram which is currently my favourite way to connect.
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 16,000 other health practitioners just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! I hope to see you there.