If I were to pick the one thing I hear a lot about from clients, it’s this. Imposter Syndrome. What if I’m not good enough? What if my people think I’m a fraud? Who am I to say what’s what?
It breaks my heart. Because I have, over time, begun to really understand where all that self-sabotage and lack of belief stems from.
Join me and my guest, Meredith Deasley, for this week’s episode of the Business of Becoming. Meredith is a Life Coach (my Life Coach, actually) who focuses on helping people remove their emotional blocks, process their past correctly and see their greatness. She holds the only globally recognized life coaching designation with the International Coach Federation and her blog is read in 170 countries and counting.
We chat openly and honestly about my own challenges, my own fear and the strategies you can use in your own life to help you process through your own fears. I know you have everything you need inside of you and, if you do the work, you WILL show up to your community in a way that is authentic and real and in-service to those people and in a way that is uniquely you.
This is a powerful episode so download it and listen to it a couple of times.
More About Meredith:
Meredith is the founder and creator of The Resourceful Mother. She has been dedicated to connecting individuals to health and happiness in unique and practical ways since 2002. Meredith has a Bachelor degree in Sociology (BA) and is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist (RHN), and Certified Life Coach (ACC). Meredith is a published author of a trilogy, teaching individuals how to heal themselves and/or their children physically, emotionally and spiritually. Meredith is trained in coaching individuals, couples and family members.
Listen to Episode 155 below:
What We Talk About In This Episode:
- What is imposter syndrome?
- The impact of limiting beliefs and where they likely originate
- What makes you feel like you’re not good enough?
- Perfection. Why do we believe we should be perfect?
- How to move through the feelings that stop you from doing what you know you need to do to move forward
- What happens when what you say you want does not align with your behaviour and mindset
- Meredith’s top 3 practical strategies to move you forward as you start to process through your blocks and see your greatness
- How to identify where there may be self-sabotage and limiting beliefs in your life
- The importance of love, appreciation, and respect for yourself
- What it means to believe in yourself and your capabilities, no matter what
- How to really use a gratitude journal to reframe negative self-beliefs
- Shifting your thoughts and taking small steps towards changing your beliefs
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Has imposter syndrome held you back from doing the things you really want to do? Or are there things you have done to overcome it? I would love to hear all about it and I’m sure others would too. Comment below and share your story or visit me on Instagram which is currently my favourite way to connect.
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 16,000 other health practitioners just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! I hope to see you there.