Welcome to Part 3 of ‘Niching in Uncertain Times: The Do’s and the Don’ts,’ where we will tackle a common stumbling block…using the right language for your clientele.
If you haven’t yet seen Part 1 or 2 of this 5-part series, check them both out later today…we give tips on how to catch the interest of your ideal client during chaotic times (like the election and pandemic), and how to grab a client’s attention by relating to their experiences and validating their thoughts.
Coaches often get stuck because they see their ideal client’s wants as superficial and have a hard time using the right language in their marketing. We must first remove our judgements in order to approach and connect with an audience that may be suffering from a pain we don’t experience.
In today’s episode, we will open up the floor to questions like:
- How do I uncover the real pain of my client, the real problem they want to solve?
- In what ways can I bring my client to higher awareness without using elevated language?
- Is it ever okay to “diagnose” right off the bat?
If you are creating content, but it’s not getting engagement or producing clients, then you’re probably trying to sell based on what you DO, versus what the client WANTS. This will undoubtedly lead to financial objections because you need to first show them how what you do leads to what they want.
Listen to Episode 196 below:
What We Talk About In This Episode:
- What clients complain about versus what you offer
- Making a case for how your program solves whatever they suffer from
- Meeting the client where they are, instead of where you are
- Removing the disconnect between a client’s superficial desire and a coach’s program goal
- Talking in “stories” and using language like, “we, her, us” to associate
- What the client sees as the biggest obstacle holding them back
- Easing their embarrassment by relating to their experiences and speaking as “one”
- Setting up a client’s mindset before even mentioning your program
- Finding the deep-rooted, emotional motivator behind any client’s want
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Do you have a burning question you’d like to ask? I would love to hear all about it. Visit me on Instagram which is currently my favourite way to connect.
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 27,000 other health practitioners just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles, and get lots of support from me and my team! I hope to see you there.