This week’s episode is SUCH a good conversation! Dr. Rishma Walji joins me and we talk boundaries. Why they are important and we share lots of practical strategies (that we use in our own lives) to create boundaries in your health business and in your personal life.
This is a hot topic because so many of us who work in the healing professions are also empaths, parents and partners and can burn out so quickly if we don’t put some key boundaries in place.
Rishma has been a licensed and registered Naturopathic Doctor and Acupuncturist for over 15 years. She has an undergraduate degree in physiology and a PhD in pharmaceutical sciences. She also a post doctoral fellowship in pregnancy and pediatrics. Her clinical practice and online work is focused on the Journey to Parenthood – which means she regulates hormonal cycles, helps couples with fertility (both getting pregnant and staying pregnant) and also recovering postpartum.
We cover so much in our hour together! I talk about my struggles to balance being “present” in the moment for my kids and my loved ones with the very real part of my job description that requires me to document my life for social media. Rishma shares how she navigated a new marriage and eventually children while also honouring her ambition and drive and maintaining a vibrant sense of self outside those roles.
Get ready for some real honesty – we shared some really personal stuff in this conversation.
Ok let’s dive in…
In This Episode I Share…
- How to create boundaries to manage your professional ambition and your personal life
- How to stay connected to your WHY even when it’s tough
- Why it’s important to have those hard conversations with your clients/patients
- When to tell when you have to fire a client (and why this is important energetically)
- How to use scheduling practices to enforce self care boundaries
- The need to cleanse the energy in your space when transitioning between clients (or between work and home)
- How understanding your personality is non negotiable to figure out what you need to be healthy and happy
- How we balance “extroverting” with our patients/clients/kids/partners with our introverted personalities
Listen to Episode 67 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode:
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Do you struggle to create (and maintain) boundaries in your business? What are your top coping strategies? Pop it below or visit me on Instagram (my current social platform of choice) and send me a message there to let me know what you want to hear more about.
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 11 000 other health and wellness professionals just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! We have a ton of free, live training coming up in the group this fall. I hope to see you there.