Today is part 2 of the 2 part mini series I’ve put together on how to hire and train your first, or next team member. If you missed Episode 66 which was Part 1: How To Hire Your First Team Member then I highly recommend you go and listen to that episode too because in it I walk you through how to determine what position you are hiring for and outline some critical tips to think about when hiring your first or next team member.
Ok, so you’ve hired the team member and now what? How do you train them? How do you work with them? How do you get them to do the things you want them to do like you do it?
I outline some fabulous suggestions for you on how to train an employee. These all stem from my own experience of building my own team and making lots of mistakes in the process. The good news is that you get to benefit from my years of making mistakes and will hopefully get to avoid some of them because you’re listening to this podcast episode. Yay you!
In This Episode I Share…
- Some really important truths – CEO to CEO
- The shift you MUST make in your mindset, energy and behavior so that you can successfully grow your team
- What a dedicated team member onboarding process looks like and how to design it (including strategies we use every time we add a new team member to Team LK)
- Why regularly scheduled meetings are absolutely necessary and what the agenda looks like for each meeting that I have with my team
- How to divide tasks into daily, weekly and monthly tasks and how to figure out which is which!
- The difference between tasks and project work (and how to balance your team member’s time spent on both categories of work)
- How to create and outline a project plan
- Why I am OBSESSED with “process” (even though it sometimes drives my team crazy)
- The MOST important thing you need to do in order to build and grow a kickass team (hint: it involves not taking yourself too seriously)
Listen to Episode 68 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode:
- Episode 66 – Part 1: How To Hire Your First Team Member
- Book Your FREE 45-Minute Launch Audit Call
- Follow Lori for more business insight on Instagram
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
What is your experience so far when you are onboarding and training new team members? Or are you just looking to hire and train your first? Pop it below or visit me on Instagram (my current social platform of choice) and send me a message there to let me know what you want to hear more about.
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 11 000 other health and wellness professionals just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! We have a ton of free, live training coming up in the group this fall. I hope to see you there.