I am so excited to share this conversation with you! Today I am joined by Stephanie Joanne. She is an online brand and business coach to modern day entrepreneurs and unique for her refreshingly relatable and no-BS approach as well as a serial entrepreneur who is renowned for her self-made 7 figure online empire. She also just happens to be my ride or die business bestie! So when I wanted to talk about the Truth (with a capital T) about what it really means to transition from a solopreneur to being a boss and working with a team, I knew it had to be SJ that joined me.
There is a huge disconnect between the shiny glossy stuff you see on social media and the reality of the behind-the-scenes of a real online business that no one is talking about. Growing a business and building a team is not effortless. It’s not a matter of just delegating a task to a VA who comes highly recommended and calling it a day. But damn I wish it was!
We have both made a ton of mistakes in the past decade of running our businesses and we have learned a lot along the way. Biggest lesson – you can only fly by the seat of your pants for long. At a certain point, you have to stop and start creating processes, standards and indexes of all parts of your business. We are both knee deep in this season of life right now, and for both of us, the transition from doing-it-all-ourselves to being the BOSS who manages, delegates and holds space for our team members has been the toughest part of this journey. Forget learning ClickFunnels. Learning how to create a process so that you can hand off managing your Instagram account – that will kick your butt. And there is so much we wish we’d known way back when when we were just starting our businesses… so we are going to share it all with you!
Whether you are a newbie just starting out or you are looking at expanding your team, this episode is going to be a gamechanger for you.
Let’s dive in!
In This Episode I Share…
- How you can have a business bestie who has the EXACT same niche as you and you can embrace the spirit of collaboration over competition
- How to take that first step and start growing a team and how to transition into the mindset of being a BOSS
- The power in letting go and surrendering some control (to really blow up your business)
- How creating processes, an index and standards are non negotiable if you want to scale your businesses (and what the heck a process is anyway)
- The difference between task and strategy (and how to turn a to-do into a process)
- The biggest mistakes newbies make when they start hiring their first team members
- The importance of REALLY understanding the nitty gritty of all components of your business
- The disconnect that exists between the shiny glossy stuff you see on social media and the reality of the behind-the-scenes of a real online business
- How to have fair expectations of your team members (hint: you will always work hardest for your dreams)
- What we wish we had known way back when we were starting our businesses (hint: we’d have started writing process documents YEARS ago)
Listen to Episode 73 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode:
- Stephanie Joanne
- Book Your FREE 45-Minute Launch Audit Call HERE
- Follow Lori for more business insight on Instagram
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Do you have a team in your business? Or are you happy being a solopreneur? Pop it below or visit me on Instagram (my current social platform of choice) and send me a message there to let me know what you want to hear more about.
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 12 000 other health and wellness professionals just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! We have a ton of free, live training coming up in the group this fall. I hope to see you there.