I was so honoured to have this week’s guest join me on the podcast, Jessica Hefele was one of the first employees I hired in my business and she joined at a really pivotal point in my business and life, so beyond sharing some of our top tips to hosting live events, you’re also going to get some personal behind the scenes glimpses into some of my past live events and how things have changed over the years.
We also talk about the evolution of Jessica’s career path from graduating with a degree in Psychology (which she completed in German!) to becoming a holistic nutritionist and joining The Wellness Business Academy to quickly learning that she wasn’t meant to create a signature program but wanted to use her skills and talents in a different way to support health and wellness professionals. Since then she’s gone out on her own to create Jessica Hefele Events and now works with some of the biggest names in the biz to support entrepreneurs to create epic events.
And of course, we walk through the 5 main areas we think you need to consider when planning a live event – whether it’s a 3 hour workshop or a 3 day retreat or conference, you’re going to want to download the Event Planning Checklist we created to accompany this event so that you can take notes.
In This Episode We Talk About…
- How Jessica got hired on Team LK and what her first few months on the job looked like
- Why you need to expand your idea of what it means to work in the health and wellness industry to find your place.
- Some funny stories about what happened when Jessica and I lived in The Four Seasons for a week! HINT: It wasn’t fancy!
- Why we believe that nothing is an emergency
- My big reason WHY for running The Wellness Business Summit
- Our top 5 areas we think you need to think about when planning a live event
- My personal 3 most important components that I use to “judge” an event – there will be no don’t after listening that I’m a very sensory person!
Listen to Episode 76 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode:
- The Wellness Business Academy
- The Wellness Business Summit
- Book a FREE Launch Audit Call HERE
- Follow Lori for more business insight on Instagram
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Do you currently run live events as part of your business? What type of events have you run? Or have you been thinking of adding events to your biz but weren’t sure how to get started? Pop it below or visit me on Instagram (my current social platform of choice) and send me a message there to let me know what you want to hear more about (I respond to all Instagram DMs personally – promise!)
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 12 000 other health and wellness professionals just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! We have a ton of free, live training coming up in the group this fall. I hope to see you there.