Boy oh boy do we get into it today!
Dr. Jordan Robertson joins me today and we dive right into the conversation between the fine line of saying what we want and ruffling feathers. We talk about the backlash she’s received from some of her colleagues and what she sees so often in the alternative health field – belief based practice vs. evidence based practice. I’m certain it’s going to strike a chord with you.
We bonded over the idea that there is no one right way to do something. And we talked about how to raise the standards for alternative health by being in service to the patient or client and giving them the best recommendation based in evidence vs. promoting your personal opinions whether or not it’s in the best interest of clients/patients.
Keep scrolling to see all that we cover in this great conversation…
More About Dr. Jordan Robertson
Dr. Jordan Robertson BHSc. ND RAc is a Naturopathic Doctor, clinic owner, and an Associate Faculty Member for the Bachelor of Health Sciences at McMaster University. Her clinical practice supports women with hormonal imbalances including PMS and PMDD and she has a special interest in BHRT as a treatment option in for hormonal concerns. In her role at McMaster, Dr. Robertson teaches two undergraduate level courses on research in Integrative Medicine and evidence-based clinical nutrition.
Jordan’s mission is to empower patients and practitioners to learn critical thinking skills to help them evolve their health and practices towards evidence based integrative care. You can connect with her via her website and on Instagram.
In This Episode We Talk About…
- Jordan shares how she collaborates and communicates with MDs
- Why Jordan thinks it can be difficult for alternative health practitioners and Mds to work together
- Why you need to be 100% confident to be able to back up your protocols and methodology
- The difference between belief based care and evidence based care
- How she gets her patients to pay for tests and treatments – chooses tests based on evidence and will usually save money in the long run
- How she deals with blow back from her colleagues
- The idea that we need to approach health care with the mindset that it’s always changing and in turn we also must be willing to change
Listen to Episode 78 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode:
- The Wellness Business Academy
- The Wellness Business Summit
- Follow Dr. Jordan on Instagram
- Check out Dr. Jordan’s book Carrying to Term on Amazon
- Book a FREE Launch Audit Call HERE
- Follow Lori for more business insight on Instagram
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Do you have a referral network of other practitioners to support your clients? Pop it below or visit me on Instagram (my current social platform of choice) and send me a message there to let me know what you want to hear more about (I respond to all Instagram DMs personally – promise!)
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 12 000 other health and wellness professionals just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! We have a ton of free, live training coming up in the group this fall. I hope to see you there.