This is a fun and extra special episode as today’s guest is Travis Brown from Podcast Buddy – the guy behind this podcast! He supported me and my team in learning about how to start a podcast. He’s helped us put systems in place to manage the workflow of each podcast episode (there are a of steps!) and still manages the editing and distribution of each episode for us.
We’re diving into ALL things podcast in this episode.
Whether you’ve considered starting a podcast or not, you’re going to want to check out this episode and maybe give it a thought if you were thinking this isn’t for you. Why? Well because
200 million people are subscribing and listening to podcasts weekly! Right now is an amazing time for a business owner that wants to build a business and share a message with their audience.
Podcasts are a great way to build relationships with current and potential clients and to establish that ever important Know, Like, Trust factor.
Travis shares some of his best tips including who should start a podcast, what format you may want to consider, his tech recommendations and more. And if you have a podcast or start one, please share with me on Instagram so I can check it out and maybe give you a shout out to my community!
More About Travis…
Travis Brown is the Founder and Chief Podcast Producer at Podcast Buddy. He helps Business Coaches and influencers launch, grow, and monetize their podcasts. Podcast Buddy’s service allows you to do the fun part of podcast (recording) and leave the back-end process (mixing, mastering, show notes, and uploading to iTunes to them. Travis also has a coaching program to help future podcasters launch successfully and current podcasters optimize their show.
Travis is a professional audio engineer. He has recorded and produced music for the last 20 years. His music has been featured on several TV shows like Smallville, Laguna Beach, The Mountain, The Hills, and many more. I also have credits on Films such as Reservation Road and Fred 2 The Movie.
In This Episode We Talk About…
- Who should consider starting a podcast
- The idea that people are more likely to purchase from an influencer than from an ad – people who have followings online have a lot of power and podcasting is a great way to build a loyal following.
- How to choose a topic and what to do if there is already a podcast about your chosen topic (HINT: That’s actually a good thing!)
- Why, just like your signature program – you need to pick a niche and get specific with your podcast
- Why you really only need 1000 true fans – although millions of fans is nice too 🙂
- Mistakes that Travis sees in podcasting right now.
- Travis’ #1 microphone recommendation (keep scrolling for the link below)
- Other tips to getting good audio on a budget
- The format that Travis thinks those in the Health and Wellness should explore
- How long your podcast should be and how to decide format, length, etc. – HINT: there are no rules – if you can imagine it you can do it
- What you need to say in the first minute of the podcast episode to keep people listening
- How to use a podcast to grow your business
- And SO MUCH MORE!
Listen to Episode 80 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode:
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Do you have a podcast or are you secretly aspiring to start one? Let me know below or visit me on Instagram (my current social platform of choice) and send me a message there to let me know what you want to hear more about (I respond to all Instagram DMs personally – promise!)
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 12 000 other health and wellness professionals just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! We have a ton of free, live training coming up in the group this fall. I hope to see you there.