It’s a reflective time of year, and this has been a BIG year for me and my team, so it felt like perfect timing to take a walk down memory lane with my friend and long-time employee to share the Truth of what it’s been like to build a 7-figure business.
I’m joined by Michelle Waithe who is now the Director of Operations for the company and over the years has done essentially every task there has been behind the scenes as also as a coach in The Wellness Business Academy.
Aside from some really funny behind the scenes stories that we share from past Wellness Business Summit events and program launches, I wanted to share this with you because it’s important for you to see the progression and how things build. I need you to see that it’s not even close to an overnight thing, that we still make mistakes and we are still learning. It’s not a race you are building a business and you’re building your life.
No matter where you are at in your business building journey, I hope you see yourself in some of these stories and breathe a sigh of relief.
In This Episode We Talk About…
- The evolution of going from $300 000/year in the biz to currently a multi 7-figure business
- The evolution of Michelle’s role from 2015 to present
- How a growth mindset has been crucial to success – we’ve figured it all out as we went along
- Funny stories from the behind the scenes including Wellness Business Summit
- The ups and downs of planning a live event – hot tips to avoid some of our mistakes and how to not lose your presentations
- Behind the scenes of some of the past Wellness Business Academy launches
- How it’s felt to go from a team of 3 to more than 10
- How almost everyone on my team is doing something completely different than what they went to school for and how as we’ve up levelled the business has too
- How hiring for the mindset is often more important than actual skill set
- What has been my biggest mindset shift to date in my business
- Why Lori isn’t allowed to take vacation – it’s different than you think!
- The importance of core values and goals and objectives
- And SO MUCH MORE!
Listen to Episode 81 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode:
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Have you taken time to look back at the last year or more recently? What has stuck with you as a lesson or win? Let me know below or visit me on Instagram (my current social platform of choice) and send me a message there to let me know what you want to hear more about (I respond to all Instagram DMs personally – promise!)
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 12 000 other health and wellness professionals just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! We have a ton of free, live training coming up in the group this fall. I hope to see you there.