I’ve created the community I wished for when I was first starting out.
Years ago when I was first starting out I found it near impossible to find others, especially women, that were on a similar path to me.
I felt like an outsider and wondered if something was wrong with me. Having big, audacious goals and dreams didn’t feel “normal” and it was hard to find a place where I really felt like I belonged.
As I’ve created my programs, building a community was at the forefront of my vision. I wanted to create a place where ambitious health and wellness professionals could gather and share the Truth (with a capital T) about what it’s like to want to have massive impact AND want to make a shit ton of money (because you can totally do both).
I think about this community and the communities I’ve curated on Facebook a lot. So, it was super fun to sit down with David White on his podcast a few months back to share with him my definition of community, why it’s SO very important to me to nurture my community and how it goes WAY beyond sales and client relationships.
I enjoyed the conversation so much that I asked David if I could share it with my people too, so here it is!
More About David
David’s focus is on inspiring, teaching and motivating other health professionals to take the plunge, go full-scale online with an arsenal of tools to build a massive following, get their information and methods in the hands of MILLIONS of people, and get paid for it.
He helps health professionals to find a starving audience who needs your help, show them that you actually can get results for them, and then put your products and services in front of them in a kind and empathetic manner that doesn’t twist anyone’s arm, or sound like you’re auctioning a house. Connect with David via his website and listen to his podcast, The Business of Health.
In This Episode We Talk About…
- My definition of what Community means and how to attract like-minded people
- Other places you can use to build Community other than Facebook Groups
- The significance of giving thought to naming your Community and why the name is like a “Value Proposition Offer”
- The reason why Lori’s content for her Community is different from the form of content she produces for Instagram – and how to find what will work best for your biz
- How to encourage new subscribers to your Community to engage and participate
- My thoughts on if you should be ‘Pitching’ and making offers for your products or services inside your Community?
- When Community gives your sales message & offers more social proof, and allows your happy customers to share what you have to offer
- How to respond to “Client Questions” from your community in order to avoid coaching people for free all day long!
- Why you should be very deliberate and intentional with the type of messaging and values you share with your audience
- The power of creating your own language within your Community – and how this helps build culture
- A very REAL demonstration of what a Community means – not from the perspective of “The Leader” but from someone whose life has actually been changed by being a part of a Community
- And my homework for you!
Listen to Episode 84 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode:
- Join my FREE Community – Take Your Health Practice Online
- The Wellness Business Academy
- Useful resources for growing and using your Facebook Groups
- How to use FB Groups for Your Business
- How to use FB Groups and FB Pages for Your Business
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Do you have an engaged community? What has been most successful for you to grow your community? Let me know below or visit me on Instagram (my current social platform of choice) and send me a message there to let me know what you want to hear more about (I respond to all Instagram DMs personally – promise!)
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 12 000 other health and wellness professionals just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! We have a ton of free, live training coming up in the group this fall. I hope to see you there.