Pull up a chair, grab a glass of whatever is your preference because this is a conversation that I’m really excited to have and was honoured that Joy McCarthy agreed to have have it with me. I think It’s so important for women to share the truth about what it takes to achieve success, as well as have an open conversation about what success even means and looks like.
Also, I’m super nosey and LOVE to hear about what goes on behind the scenes with successful people, couples that work together, mompreneuring, etc. Joy McCarthy from Joyous Health, shares the evolution of her business and brand. What it was like to grow her team (including her husband) and how things have changed since she became a mother.
We talk about ambition and the myth that still seems to be out there in the online space that success can be quick and easy, and we share what the reality has been for us (HINT: Not quick and easy!) It’s about playing the long game and building each day on what you learn and the progress you make. As Joy says, everything you do today will help you tomorrow.
Whatever stage of business that you’re in, I’m sure you’ll hear something in this conversation that connects with you.
More About Joy
Joy McCarthy is a Holistic Nutritionist and founder of JoyousHealth.com, an award-winning blog focused on healthy living. She is a two-time bestselling author of Joyous Health and a recipient of the World Gourmand Cookbook Award for Joyous Detox. Her third book, The Joyous Cookbook, comes out in 2019.
A trusted nutrition expert, Joy McCarthy has been featured in hundreds of publications both online and in print; and is a regular health expert on TV. She is the co-founder of The Joyous Health Business Program and the creator of a line of organic body care products. Joy lives in Toronto with her husband Walker and their daughter Vienna. Joy loves social media and shares her passion for food, family and fun as a way to channel positive energy into the lives of others! Connect with and follow Joy on Instagram and Facebook.
In This Episode We Talk About…
- The evolution of Joy’s business
- Joy’s No Plan B Commitment then and now
- Why Joy has the same drive and ambition she’s felt since the day she started
- How she adds things to her business based on what people in her community want and were asking for
- Why we both agree that you should build offline and online when you’re just starting out
- How Joy started building her team and what tasks she had them do – HINT: start hiring even when you think you can’t afford them
- When her husband joined the Joyous Health team and what working with him has been like
- What she had to let go of and how they negotiated their roles
- Who is the actual Boss and how they make decisions in the business
- How they manage switching between work and personal life
- What it was like to add a baby into the mix
- How Joy schedules and manages her day with work, mom and being a partner
- Joy’s favourite time of the day and her morning routine
- Joy’s non-negotiable self-care
- And so much more!
Listen to Episode 86 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode:
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Have you found that you have the same level of drive and ambition from when you first started? What do you do when you feel the ambition dipping? Let me know below or visit me on Instagram (my current social platform of choice) and send me a message there to let me know what you want to hear more about (I respond to all Instagram DMs personally – promise!)
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 12 000 other health and wellness professionals just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! We have a ton of free, live training coming up in the group this fall. I hope to see you there.