Wow! This episode is GOLD! I strongly recommend that you download it and re-listen anytime you need some tough love and to get your mind right around what it really means to be an entrepreneur and successful health professional.
Dr. Meghan Walker returns to the podcast this week to talk about the mindset traits and shifts she and I believe are necessary to make it as an entrepreneur in the health and wellness space (or any space really). We really are friends in real life and have had numerous conversations about the state of the industry and the mindset of practitioners given the messaging and “gurus”. The goal of this episode is to make sure everyone has correct expectations about what it’s actually like to build and grow a business.
We talk about the difference between many of the illusions health professionals start off with about entrepreneurship and the reality of it. We talk about mindset around money, sales and owning your value and potential for transformation in order to be successful and have the impact you so deeply desire.
This conversation is packed with goodness and because we have SO much more to say on the subject, Meghan is a featured speaker at the upcoming Wellness Business Summit in June, 2019. At the summit she’s going to go into practical and actionable strategies for clinicians and health practitioners who want to build and scale successful businesses without burning themselves out. Grab your tickets to join us in person HERE, and do it soon because prices are going up on January 31st, 2019.
More About Dr. Meghan Walker
Dr. Meghan Walker is a naturopathic doctor, serial entrepreneur and mother of 3. As an entrepreneur, Meghan started and sold her first business while in University and is a Co-founder and past CEO of the digital health media start-up, Bright Almond. She is the host of the Entrepology Podcast and Founder of Clinician Business Labs. A graduate of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Meghan maintains a boutique practice that focuses on the health and performance of entrepreneurs. She has spoken internationally and through multiple media outlets on topics related to women’s performance health and entrepreneurship.
In This Episode We Talk About…
- What we feel is the current state of the health and wellness industry and why it’s an exciting time
- How when Lori was just starting out she didn’t even know she had a business
- The disconnect between means goals and end goals – the illusion of entrepreneurship and the actions of entrepreneurship
- Many are getting started but are lacking an actual plan for what they’re doing
- Why you need to charge what it’s worth and have a stable foundation in order to help people
- Some common limiting beliefs of the industry
- Why you need to look at your expenses and what it takes to be profitable before you can set your fees
- The idea that you are paid for results instead of selling your time – BIG Mindset shift!!
- Look at your business from a fundamental level for what is required to deliver the transformation in a way that you are so proud of
- What Meghan will be talking about at the Wellness Business Summit
- Lori gives a tip on how to identify your free content as having value which will help shift your mindset
- How to protect yourself as an entrepreneur
- The least healthy population in Meghan’s experience are Naturopathic doctors because they aren’t protecting themselves.
- And so much more!
Listen to Episode 93 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
What has been the biggest mindset shift for you so far in your entrepreneurial journey? Let me know below or visit me on Instagram (my current social platform of choice) and send me a message there to let me know what you want to hear more about (I respond to all Instagram DMs personally – promise!)
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 12 000 other health and wellness professionals just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! We have a ton of free, live training coming up in the group this fall. I hope to see you there.