One of the most downloaded episodes of the podcast ever is the first time this week’s guest Amber Dugger joined us, so obviously we needed to get her back! Money and creating a financial plan is clearly a hot topic, so we’re going deep!
Amber focuses on showing you how to create a holistic cash flow system. This entails incorporating your business and your life to make sure you have enough money to run your business and pay for the things that matter to you most – so you have freedom to put money to the things that bring you joy.
She’s also committed to ending the idea that money is scary. Money is neutral. It’s not good or bad. It’s a resource. And once you understand that, we dive into more specifics around revenue, profit and how to pay yourself first even when you’re just getting started.
Amber walks us through how to determine what the profit for your business is and how what level of revenue you need in your business. We talk about the difference between profit distribution and salary as well the shift in energy that occurs when you pay yourself first right from the very beginning and how the best thing you can do for yourself is start these habits right away because it only gets harder as your business grows.
This episode also corresponds with a 4 part blog series all about money and exactly how to create a holistic cash flow system for yourself. Part one will go live on February 6th, be sure to check it out here.
More About Amber Dugger
Amber Dugger, founder of Budget Alchemy, helps health coaches and service-based online entrepreneurs sort their money headaches and increase their profit potential. She thrives on encouraging and empowering others in achieving clarity with their numbers and discovering the true purpose behind their money goals. She is a certified health coach from IIN and worked in corporate finance for 15 years before venturing out on her own in 2015. She is a mastery level Profit First Professional and loves reverse engineering the Profit First system and combine it with a powerful cash flow tool called YNAB (You Need a Budget) to make it easy to understand and implement for solopreneurs.
She is the founder of the Sweet Life, Purposeful Money group and encourages those that want to up-level their money game and surround themselves with a high vibe group to join click HERE. You can connect with Amber via her website, Facebook and Instagram.
In This Episode We Talk About…
- Money mindset and creating a financial plan
- How to create a holistic cash flow system – incorporating your business and your life to make sure you have enough money to run your business and pay for the things that matter to you most – so you have freedom to put money to the things that bring you joy
- The idea that you can start a business now with no money
- Stop the idea that money is scary – Money is neutral. It’s not good or bad. It’s a resource.
- What is revenue and why is it important to understand and track
- A reminder that, what you focus on grows – so be intentional about where you place your focus
- What is profit and how to pay yourself first, even when you’re just getting started!
- How to determine what profit is and how what level of revenue you need in your business.
- The difference between profit distribution and salary
- The shift in energy that occurs when you pay yourself first right from the very beginning
- The importance of creating habits from the beginning
- And so much more!
Listen to Episode 95 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode:
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Are you still living in denial when it comes to money or have you taken steps to know your numbers? Let me know below or visit me on Instagram (my current social platform of choice) and send me a message there to let me know what you want to hear more about (I respond to all Instagram DMs personally – promise!)
You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 12 000 other health and wellness professionals just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! We have a ton of free, live training coming up in the group this fall. I hope to see you there.