This recipe is raw, vegan & gluten-free
This decadent Blueberry Cheesecake is raw vegan, gluten and even paleo friendly! It is made with a chewy date and pecan base that is topped with creamy vegan blueberry cashew cream cheese that tastes just like the real thing. It gets all of its sweetness from the dates, blueberries and a pinch of stevia making it sugar-free and bursting with fibre and antioxidants.
This recipe is an excellent make-ahead dessert that can be left in the freezer in an air tight container for several months. It is perfect to have on hand for unexpected company. If you are not planning on entertaining any time soon, you can make it into 12 tarts using a muffin tin. This Blueberry Cheesecake recipe is from my cookbook, Healthy Dairy Free Desserts which, contains over 30 delicious dessert recipes!
Are you on a weight loss diet but finding you really miss desserts? I will teach you how to have your chocolate without pudding on weight. My 15 page Guide to Natural Sugar Substitutes reveals my top sugar substitutes and teaches you how to use them to turn your favourite desserts into healthy treats. It also contains bonus recipes from Jesse Lane Wellness Healthy Dairy Free Desserts. Get it for FREE at JesseLaneWellness.com/freebies
Prep time: 20 minutes | Inactive prep time: 5 hours | Serving size: 12 slices
- 2 cups raw cashews
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp stevia
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups wild blueberries
- 1/2 cup dates, roughly 5
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp stevia
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-4 tsp water *optional
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover them with water. Soak for at least 3 hours to overnight and rinse before using.
- To make the base, place the dates, pecans, shredded coconut, stevia and salt in a high speed blender or food processor and pulse until it forms into a chunky crumbly mixture. If your dates are really dry, you may need to add 2-4 tsp of water. The base is ready when you can roll it into a ball that stays together.
- Press the base mixture into a 7 inch spring form pan or 12 muffin liners. Place it in the freezer and chill while you prepare the filling.
- To make the filling, place the soaked cashews, lemon juice, stevia, coconut oil and vanilla in the high speed blender or food processor and process until silky smooth.
- Remove the chilled base from the freezer and top with 2/3 or the vegan cashew cream cheese and return to the freezer to set.
- Add 1 cup of blueberries to the remaining filling in the blender or food processor and process until smooth. Pour over the chilled cheesecake, cover and freeze until solid, roughly 5 hours.
- Before serving, defrost the blueberry cheesecake in the fridge for 3 hours and garnish with the remaining 1/2 cup of blueberries.
About the Author
Jesse Lane Lee, BSc, CNP is a cheerful Holistic Nutritionist, motivating speaker, cookbook author, and founder of JesseLaneWellness.com. She is a recovering sugar-a-holic who, after suffering from candida, started eating homemade sweets made with alternative sweeteners. You can connect with Jesse Lane on Facebook or Instagram @jesselwellness. Whenever you make one of her recipes, take a picture and tag @jesselwellness!