EPISODE 34 | A Man’s Perspective: The Truth About Taking Your Business Online
This conversation was SUCH a breath of fresh air.
It’s a rare thing to find someone that will be as open and honest about the truth of taking your business online as this week’s guest Dr. Stephen de Wit does in this episode.
Before Stephen started in the Wellness Business Academy he already had a successful therapy practice and was a published author and regular on TV and in the media. So it surprised him at how far out of his comfort zone taking his business online has felt.
I invited Stephen to share his journey from seeing clients only one on one, to also offering a program completely online. Stephen isn’t shy to get into the nitty, gritty about what that has looked and felt like for him. Where he saw successes, where he had reservations, and how he had to change his own mindset to keep putting himself out there and make it happen.
I’m certain this episode is going to have you feeling a major sense of relief at knowing you aren’t the only one that feels this way. Whether you are just starting out in business completely or shifting an already established business, going online is a BIG step for everyone. It’s putting yourself out there in a whole new way. It’s learning a long list of new skills, technology and strategies. It’s a big deal.
Stephen and I also discuss the importance of taking care of yourself, putting in the work where the work is needed, and figuring out how to best find your own workflow in order to keep moving your business in the right direction. I LOVED when Stephen reminds us that – you’re asking your clients to put in time, energy, effort, and money – you also need to be putting in the time, effort, and energy to serve them as the best version of yourself.
More About Stephen:
Dr. Stephen de Wit is board certified sexologist through the American College of Sexologists.
He holds a Masters of public health in human sexuality and a Doctorate of human sexuality.
Currently Stephen splits his time between a successful private practice helping couples and singles discover and create the sex life they’ve always wanted with media appearances, speaking engagements, and working with two of Toronto’s most respected men’s health clinics. Stephen authored the book “The Sexual Freedom System: Winning the Inner Game of Sex” which explores one’s own relationship with themselves as the source for great sex.
Here’s What We Talk About In This Episode:
- Why Stephen decided to take his practice online
- Some of the blocks that stopped him from moving forward to taking things online
- How he is actually delivering the content during the beta test of his online program
- Why you need to keep your client’s best interest and needs in mind. Keeping the client at the centre is a huge factor to your client’s success.
- What happens when you get caught up in your own head.
- What Stephen does to get out of an ego place and back into being of service.
- The difference between working in your business and on your business.
- The importance of self compassion.
- Self-induced pressure and “future tripping”
- The amount of social feedback and interpersonal connection that is lost when you’re working online.
- Uplevelling yourself so you can uplevel your business
Things We Mention In This Episode:
- FREE CHAPTER of Dr. de Wit’s Book The Sexual Freedom System
- Alex Charfen: The Entrepreneurial Personality Type
- The Wellness Business Academy
- Importance of a Morning Routine
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (pretty-please):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss a thing? Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes. No iTunes? No problem! Check out The Business of Becoming on any of your favourite podcast apps.
And it would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Have you had a great success in moving all or part of your business to an online platform? What difficulties did you face and how did you overcome those in the process?
I would love to hear all about it and I’m sure others would too! You can also join my free online community to connect with more than 8000 other health practitioners just like you to ask questions, share wins and struggles and get lots of support from me and my team! I hope to see you there.